it's a wild world
"We pass the time of day to forget how time passes."
Many moments have not been appreciated until they are long gone, distant memories.
London is cold. London is beautiful. London is polite. London is.
here we go
La Cuatro, Santa Ana, CA
I've always wanted to see my hometown cleaner, safer, and inviting. Now that it is actually happening, it makes me sad to see the old businesses go. Some don't fear the change, "We've been here for forty years, I don't think we will be going away anytime soon." Many just put it out of their mind. When a greeter at one of the small dress shops that caters to Mexican debutante balls was asked if He was concerned about his job, his reply was "What can you do? We are all going to die anyways."
You were my loyal companion. Never complained or asked for money. All you wanted were a few cuddles and a loving home. I hope I was able to provide you that. I feel like I neglected you at times, but you were always there to warm up to me when I'd lay in bed feeling alone. I miss you so much. You're gone now. After ten years of friendship, it's going to be difficult not seeing you everyday. I love you Becks.
Zabriskie Point, Death Valley, CA
just life. Everything will be fine...
You loved Deluxe Mac and Cheese and Dino Nuggets
You had an unforgettable smile
You pushed through the physical pain while earning your MA
You dedicated your life to children with disabilities
Goodnight Sleepy Head
Las Vegas, Nevada
If I had to chose a last meal, tacos would definitely be on the menu.
- "Night Court" starring Harry Anderson premieres on NBC TV
- Madonna 1st sings "Holiday" on American Bandstand
- Supreme Court rules (5-4) oks private use of home VCR's to tape TV programs for later viewing does not violate federal copyright laws
- Hulk Hogan defeats Iron Sheik to become WWF champ
- Apple Computer Inc unveils its revolutionary Macintosh personal computer
- Michael Jackson is burned during filming for Pepsi commercial
- Part of Central Park is named Strawberry Fields honoring John Lennon
- Vanessa Williams, 1st black Miss America, resigns due to posing nude
- 23rd modern Olympic games opens in Los Angeles
- 1st documented case of a robot killing a human in US
- "Cosby Show" premieres on NBC-TV
- Prince's "Purple Rain," album goes to #1 & stays #1 for 24 weeks
- "Miami Vice" premiered
- 1st space walk by US woman (Dr Kathryn D Sullivan)
- President Reagan (R) landslide (won 49 states) re-election over Mondale (D)
- April 4th Winston Smith in Orwell's "1984" begins his secret diary
Crack, a smoke-able form of cocaine, is first introduced into the Los Angeles area in 1984
Sometimes what appears to be a clear straight path, becomes a very windy and complex one.
The sound of two bottles of soda rolling along the floor of the car as it brakes to a halt. It's hot outside, the bottles collide, chiming. Brake, roll, crash.
Not even the shopping carts are safe in L.A.
- Impossible SX-70 Color
Record stores disappeared, bookstores are struggling to stay in business, Amazon is working on having everything delivered to you instantly. The 3D printing industry is growing exponentially. From toiletries to major household items, more and more people are making their purchases online. How much longer before brick and mortar stores become a thing of the past?
I think I can safely say on my resume that I've photographed "Kate" Moss.
- Impossible SX-70 Color
Anime Expo 2013 | Los Angeles Convention Center
- Rolleiflex Automat K4B
- Kodak Portra 400
Eh, maybe I shouldn't have used exhausted chemistry for this roll. These cheap little color chemistry sets aren't cutting it anymore. At first I thought this person was on their phone, but upon closer inspection, it appears she is playing on a portable gaming device? I hope its the latter.
Los Angeles Museum of Natural History
- Leica IIIf
- Ilford HP5
Funny how certain images trigger memories thought to be long long lost.